Saturday, 19 September 2026

Freeze Frame: My 70th Blog of the year 2026

Well, welcome to our readers here in New Zealand, & around the world, I'm Whetu Ngapo & you're tuning in to my KiwiAvenger blog here on blogger, but first in the rugby that the first try scorer of the new Te Kaha Stadium (Compared to Colin Slade being the last try scorer at the old Lancaster Park stadium (Formerly Jade Stadium from 1998 until 2007, then AMI Stadium also from 2007 until 2011) according to the previous stories on my blogs) of departing Crusader & one test All Black Dallas McLeod who is set to join the Exeter Chiefs after this Super Rugby Pacific season when he joins his new club in time for the 2026-27 Gallagher Prem season on a lucrative contract signing deal.

And secondly onto the food stuff that I love meat pies as my fave New Zealand food compared to pasta being my overall favourite food as well, but I used to have Indian curries that Pops always loves despite the fact that I love them, & sushi due to the fact that it isn't good because of the worms that penetrate a person's brain, but I also love steak meals & burgers such as Burger King that I love as my favourite fast food restaurant (And I went on the 30th of April where I had a double whopper, just before I came to Cash Converters (My fave shop that I go to since EB Games here in New Zealand was shut down entirely) to buy a Tony Hawk's Underground PlayStation 2 game after lunch).

And thirdly that in the gaming that I love & enjoy the Rugby 06 PlayStation 2 game despite the scratched disc for which is better than the last decent rugby computer game sim that is Rugby 08, so I played 3 matches on Rugby 06 such as the Chiefs took on the New South Wales Waratahs at Waikato Stadium in Hamilton, & won 63 - 0, then the All Blacks against Ireland in Hamilton with a comprehensive 70 - 0 score line, & the 3rd one I played a day later was between Los Pumas of Argentina taking on the All Blacks that I played with in Buenos Aires with a convincing 91 - 0 win, all on the club difficulty.

And lastly that that last year marked 20 years since the entire 2004-05 NHL season in Canada & the US, had been called off as a result of a lockout that other major sports leagues had increased higher attendances during the season, with the 2004–05 season (Which would've been the 88th season being played that was due to get underway in October 2004) famously cancelled entirely. Initiated by owners over labor disputes, these lockouts focused on introducing new salary cap policies, cutting player revenue percentages, & financial stability. These disputes severely impacted momentum, fan trust, and revenue, while that season was the longest and most significant, lasting 310 days from September 16, 2004, to July 13, 2005. It was the first time in North American professional sports that an entire season was cancelled due to a labor dispute. The owners forced a tough salary cap, ending the season, as the 2004–05 lockout was primarily driven by owners' desire for a hard salary cap to control rising player costs (And COVID as well as inflation prevented them from doing that if the season began), which they argued threatened the financial stability of smaller-market teams, while disputes focused on how league revenues were divided between owners and players, with owners pushing for a smaller share for players, then despite the 1994–95 lockout, average player salaries rose threefold between 1993 and 2004, fueling the 2004 lockout, as lockouts resulted in the introduction of a difficult salary cap, revenue sharing, and trimmed salary percentages for players, as well as the 2004–05 cancellation resulted in significant revenue losses, with some fans feeling betrayed and turning to alternative leagues like the AHL or European leagues, & the post-2004 lockout era introduced new loopholes to quicken the pace of the game & increase scoring chances/opportunities for which the 2004-05 lockout was by far to be the darkest moment in the almost 100-year history of the National Hockey League, & of course a watershed moment in the history of ice hockey with the lockout had been going on for about 10 months & 6 days when they covered 1,230 games not being played but as a result, the famed Stanley Cup hadn't been awarded for the first time since 1919 during the days of the Spanish flu outbreak that the Stanley Cup series had been called off following 5 games had been played for that I will be revealing my whole story about it in 3 blogs time.

So that is my 718th blog of the year 2026 (MMXXVI) & my 70th of this year, viva Ukraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment