Friday, 7 August 2026

Don't Bring Me Down: My 59th Blog of the year 2026

Well, welcome to our readers here in New Zealand, & around the world, I'm Whetu Ngapo & you're tuning in to my KiwiAvenger blog here on blogger, but first in the WNBA that Charlisse Leger-Walker who became the first New Zealand lady to win an NCAA basketball title with UCLA (Her teammate Gianna Kneepkens was the 15th overall pick earlier when she joined Leger-Walker to the Sun), joins the Connecticut Sun as the 18th pick of this year's draft so she's going to be rich right there, right now (And she is both of Maori & Pacific Island descent hence the reason why).

And secondly in gaming that the Rugby 06 PlayStation 2 game that I requested towards Dad to buy on Trade Me might not even make it meaning that he has to get another copy of the game, but all will be revealed on the 19th of April as he comes over to our place at 15A Kells Avenue for which has been Pops home since 1989 when he moved from Marton, but he would rather pass away here if he's too old (And this means that I would return to Dad's place at my old flat if he dies), especially his age (And he's health conscience because of Pops who hardly has any sugary foods or drinks regarding to his diet, while for me that I'm always being overweight due to the antidepressants that I also always take such as a risperidone for example) just like me.

And thirdly in food news over the past week such as on April 13th that me & Pops went to Rutland that I had nachos for example, before going to St John's Club to have chicken fillet there a day later on the 14th of April, while I had chicken fettuccine over at the Cobb 2 days later on April 16th, a day before I had a beef & egg burger but without the beetroot with fries at Pukeko's Nest on the 17th of April as of today (But it has been 105 days as of April 17th since the last time me & Pops saw both Aunty Tan & Rejean so I still miss both of them in fact, so too is the late Carole who passed away on November 17th (A month before Aunty Tan & Rejean had to arrive on December 8th last year in time for Christmas, right through until January 2nd this year where they left to go to New Caledonia, then back to Auckland before returning home to Canada such as arriving in Vancouver first, then Montreal later also before heading back to Mont-Saint Hilaire where they belong) that was 5 months ago for which has been passed, but the reason why she died is due to her refusing to go on holiday with Pops to Rarotonga in the Cook Islands for which has been called off immediately, but Carole did confirm that before her passing when she overdosed with drugs meaning that she was on life support at a hospital, then the bad news was delivered towards the Webb family that her heart had been stopped working for that was emphatically heartbreaking, needless to say (And she thought that my late close friend (Who was a loved member of our whanau meaning that she'll be greatly missed already as she is gone, but not forgotten (And I last saw the late Carole's son Andy, & his wife Kelsey either on February or March this year along with the 2 dogs of Millie & George when they were at our place visiting), according to Aunty Tan & Rejean's Christmas message that I saw late last year) was going to see both Aunty Tan & Rejean in which she was excited to see both of them, but she didn't because of her dying on that fateful day on the 17th of November in 2025 for that was a hell of a loss indeed, but that'll do (And recently that Huia's got breast cancer now when Pops told me the news about her, so she had been to a hospital lately (Well, I last saw her in 2022 when she was with her bro Benny (Who used to live here because he is currently in Vietnam) & her son Arlo (Who I saw him once along with Rosalie that I once saw her back in 2016 when me, Dad, Pops & Jansi Jans went to Waiheke Island to attend a tangi of the late Nana Minnie) that they were here to pop over for a visit during the heights of COVID omicron, especially the pandemic which lasted from 2020 until 2023).

And finally that I have revealed that I'm a fan of the late David Bowie just like Dad that I told him in light of me always listening to his music on Brian FM (And one of my fave songs from the man who passed away a decade ago back in 2016 is 'Fame', but I like 'Space Oddity', 'Let's Dance', 'Heroes', 'Suffragette City' & 'Ashes to Ashes'), so too is Neil Finn & his bands of both Split Enz (One of New Zealand's best bands ever, but my favourite Split Enz song will always be 'I Got You', but I like 'One Step Ahead' & 'I See Red') & Crowded House (For exactly is one of my fave Kiwi rock bands since Shihad had decided to move on last year (And my fave would have to be 'Don't Dream It's Over', but I like 'Something So Strong', 'Better Be Home Soon', 'It's Only Natural', 'Weather with You' & 'Locked Out'), but I like that New Zealand funk rock band of Supergroove as well, especially the song that used to be my favourites of 'Sitting Inside my Head', but 'Can't Get Enough' has taken over as my fave Supergroove song, but I like 'Scorpio Girls') for which I'm also a fanatic of due to them listening to my fave radio station so far.

So that is my 707th blog of the year 2026 (MMXXVI) & my 59th of this year, viva Ukraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment